Acupressure is defined by the natural science and acupuncture points chart as the science that uses natural power lines in the body to stimulate it in the right way to relieve pain. It makes your body work the way it should and heal all bodily ailments that occur due to what is known as “obstruction of energy through the meridians of the body.”
Acupressure is an ancient wellness treatment that is very similar to acupuncture. In this wellness therapy system, acupressure practitioners apply pressure using their fingers, palms, and other selected devices to target the body’s pressure points. Put merely; acupressure is acupuncture without the needles. Acupressure has been used for centuries in many countries to treat many illnesses, relax the body, and provide relief for aches and pains. With proper acupressure therapy, one can resolve many medical conditions such as mental illness, insomnia, sexual disorders, hypertension, digestive disorders, menstrual irregularities, sciatica, arthritis, weight loss, etc.
In this particular segment of the discussion, we will discuss how the therapist can use acupressure in weight loss.
Many people still use traditional approaches to lose weight; others incorporate holistic practices like acupressure into their weight loss journey.
Some people around us struggle to lose weight, while some people try almost everything to gain weight, but they fail to do so. It is all because of the metabolism rate of the individual. An individual with a high metabolic rate is capable of burning their calories at a faster pace. On the other hand, an individual with a low metabolic rate does not utilize the calories for energy. It gets stored away and deposited as excess fat in the body and makes an individual fat or obese.
Acupressure for weight loss is one of the effective techniques used for ages. The therapist uses the acupressure technique to stimulate the body’s energy flow, which helps boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. There are many pressure points present in our body, which helps in weight loss. You need to calm and relax before starting this practice. You can take the help of breathing exercises to increase the flow of oxygen in the body. Your therapist begins by applying pressure on the following areas in your body to boost metabolism and lose weight:
- Ear: You can find this point on the front part of your ear against the upper jaw. You need the move your jaw up-down by putting pressure from your fingers on point with the most movement. Apply pressure on this area for 1 or 2 minutes daily can help you to control your appetite.
- Ankle: This pressure point is also known as sanyinjiao, roughly 3 inches above the inner ankle bone. Putting pressure here with the thumb for approximately 5 minutes (six-second pressure two-second rest) can help to increase blood circulation in the body.
- Eyebrow dip: You can press the acupressure point present between your eyes and nose bridge for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Wrist: Putting pressure with your forefinger or thumb for 2-3 minutes on neiguan (present in the middle of the wrist roughly 2 inches below the palm) can prevent digestive problems and promote gastric motility. Use your thumb to apply pressure on Shenmen can help calm your mind and resolve related emotional symptoms. It can also help in blood circulation throughout the body.
- Calf: Pressing the point named zusanli present at the outer calf, almost 4 inches below the knee bone, can strengthen your digestive system. Apply pressure on the said area until you start feeling numbness or soreness.
- Upper lips: Apply gentle pressure on the area between your nose and upper lips, also known as philtrum, which can boost your metabolism. You can also massage on the pressure point, also known as shuigou, in a circular motion to get the desired result.
- Thumb: This pressure point is present at the bottom of your thumb. Pressing this point can stimulate your thyroid gland, helping you boost your metabolism.
- Inner elbow: Pressing the point present an inch below the crease of the inner elbow on bending with your thumb’s help for 2-3 minutes can stimulate your intestine’s function.
Besides using acupressure techniques, you can lose weight by following other methods such as exercise, gyming, weight loss diet, cycling, running, medicines, etc. You can try out some natural ways of losing fat. The following are some methods that can help you to lose weight:
- Add proteins to your diet: Proteins are considered the king of nutrients. You can start taking protein-rich food items, or you can start with the keto diet.
- Eat whole, single-ingredient food: By eating whole food, you can provide your body with all the necessary nutrients required for its proper functioning.
- Avoid processed food: You should avoid processed because they have high sugar levels, fats, and calories, which may hinder your weight loss journey.
- Eat healthy food and snacks: You should always try to have healthy food and snacks.
- Limit your sugar intake: Taking a decent amount of sugar can raise calories in your body. Minimizing the level of sugar intake is a great option to improve your diet.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help you to reduce the calories.
- Drink coffee: Coffee is a beverage that is full of antioxidant properties and other beneficial compounds. Drinking coffee without sugar may help you to burn a lot of calories.
- Supplement with glucomannan: To get a better result, you can supplement your weight loss journey with glucomannan (weight loss pills).
- Avoid liquid calories: You should avoid taking chocolate milk, soft drinks, etc., while you are on your weight loss journey.
- Try low carb diet: Studies have shown a low-carb diet is very useful for weight loss.
- Fast intermittently: It is an eating pattern between eating and fasting.
- Say hello to green tea: It is a natural beverage full of antioxidants.
- Serve yourself more fruits and vegetables: Several studies have shown that people eating fruits and vegetables tend to lose weight faster.
- Count your calorie intake: You should be aware of what you are eating.
- Replace your vegetable oil with coconut oil: Coconut oil is beneficial to boost the body’s metabolism.
- Add eggs to your diet: These are the ultimate weight-loss food. They are affordable, low in calories, high in protein, and loaded with all sorts of nutrients.
- Add spices to your food: Adding spices such as chili pepper and jalapenos may increase the body’s metabolism rate.
- Eat more fiber: Fiber-rich food may help in weight loss.
- Focus on changing your lifestyle: change is the law of nature. It would be best if you eat healthily, happily to transform yourself into a fitter person.
- Add some exercise or workout to your daily life schedule: The combination of healthy food and some exercise can turn out to be a boon to your weight loss journey.
- Try a weight loss diet: You can ask your dietician to prepare a diet chat useful for weight loss.